Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church is currently accepting resumes for the position of Senior Pastor. Please read through the information below. If you feel as though you would be a good candidate for the position, please contact the Search Committee.
Thank you for your interest in Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church. Our prayer is that God will be honored throughout this search process and that He will bring the right leader to Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church.
Our Search Committee is comprised of Jeff Hansen, Cory Gerdts, Kent Hall, Dotty Harrenstein, Greg Nicholas, and Linda Vaage.
process and timeline
The position will be officially open for applications from July 30, 2018 through August 31, 2018. We will begin evaluating Candidates on September 1, 2018.
The Personal Life of our next Pastor:
- Personal commitment to God and His Word.
- A love for Jesus Christ.
- A man with strength and courage of convictions (persecution may be coming).
The Preaching of our next Pastor:
- Strong, clear, Bible-based preaching and teaching, with life applications for today.
- Teaches the body to love Jesus.
- Challenges everyone to grow spiritually.
The Congregational Interaction of our next Pastor:
- A shepherd: loving, guiding, discipling, and rebuking when necessary.
- Loves his flock and stimulates members to demonstrate love for each other.
- Someone that will reach out to new believers.
about our church
Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church is a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America. To read about our Mission and Vision, Values, and for more about specific Beliefs our church embraces, click on the "About" tab above.
Our average at Sunday morning attendance in worship is 175. Many in our congregation have been attending for over ten years. We offer both Adult and Children’s Sunday School classes. A strength of our church is a core of solid families.
A few of our priorities include:
- Our attendees place a high value on God’s Word. Scripture is our standard for faith and practice.
- Our people desire strong preaching, teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Programs for children and youth are a high priority, indicated by significant investment in programs such as AWANA, youth groups, and outreach programs such as VBS and King's Kids.
- We have a strong commitment to missions: international, national, and local, as seen with a 25% allotment of our budget devoted to missions.
- Our Mission Statement: To make disciples by Sharing Life Transformed by Christ’s Love.
- We desire to offer Small Groups, Bible studies, and social occasions that provide relational opportunities centered around God’s Word.
about our community
Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church is located in Clear Lake, Iowa, which is in north central Iowa, 2 hours south of Minneapolis and 2 hours north of Des Moines. Clear Lake is a town of about 8,000 residents but has the feel of a resort town as it swells for 6 months of the year with people coming to enjoy "Lake Life." Though a smaller town, Clear Lake lies in the middle of a series of connected communities and there are about 100,000 people living within 30 miles.
how to apply
If you’re interested in applying for the Senior Pastor position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to the Search Committee via email by clicking here.