2017 MInisterial internship
Who We Are:
Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church (EFCA) is a growing church with an average weekly attendance of 200. We currently have one service, Sunday school classes, and small groups that meet in the community throughout the week. Our aim is to make disciples by “Sharing Life Transformed by Christ’s Love.” As a result, we have named four Discipleship Values that we believe will mark the lives of our people as they grow in their personal discipleship. They are: Gospel, Worship, Community, and Mission. You can learn more about our church and ministries by looking around the website.
The Ministerial Internship at Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church is designed to provide an opportunity for hands-on ministry experience and leadership development for an individual who feels called to vocational ministry in the local church. They will invest themselves spiritually through weekly worship organization and direction, shepherding individuals and families through various ministries and programs, and teaching in varied settings (dependent upon individual gifting and passion).
- Provide leadership, with input and direction from pastoral staff and elders in planning and execution of weekly worship service, to include song selection, rehearsal, and other creative elements,
- Provide assistance to pastoral staff in planning and execution of weekly programming, special activities, or ministry events calendared for the summer (i.e., mission trip, Mission North Iowa),
- Personally meet with and relationally invest in individuals, involving evangelism, discipleship, and mentoring, with the counsel and input of pastoral staff,
- Meet with pastoral staff once a week for a time of mentoring, which will include discussing and forming ministry philosophy, prayer, evaluation, and direction,
- Other duties as assigned by pastoral staff.
Qualifications for Position:
- Has accepted Christ as personal Lord and Savior,
- Has a growing relationship with God marked by godly character and practice of spiritual disciplines (consistent time in God’s Word, prayer, active in a local church, etc.),
- Has a biblical worldview and basic understanding of Christian doctrine,
- Has a teachable spirit and is a self-starter,
- Able to connect with a broad range of individuals, students, and families,
- Has a passion and burden for ministry,
- Is able to sign the Leadership Covenant, which is signed by key ministry leaders.
Expectations and Compensation:
- Hours per week: Approximately 20-25,
- Compensation: $200 per week for 10 weeks (flexible with school dates); $50 per week personal ministry expense reimbursement,
- Can provide room and board with church family if needed,
- Duration: Mid May—End of July,
- Personal Development: Keeping a journal of experiences and growth; reading two ministry books.
Theology and Philosophy of Worship:
Below are a few distinctives we embrace as it pertains to weekly corporate worship:
- Corporate worship is open to all but primarily designed for believers to worship God together,
- Worship should be centered around the proclamation of Christ,
- Expositional preaching through a book of the Bible over multiple weeks should be the norm,
- The Sunday service is about Exaltation, Edification, Equipping, and Evangelism,
- Components of worship not to be excluded: Statement of Vision, Call to Worship, Congregational singing, Congregational Prayer, Confession of Sin with connectionto Assurance of Pardon, Lord’s Supper (monthly), Reading of God’s Word, Proclamation of God’s Word, Creed Recitation, and Benediction or Blessing.
Interested in the Position?
Send us your Resume via email: ClearLakeFree.Intern@gmail.com
We look forward to hearing from and connecting with you!
A pdf of the complete job description is available here.