Facilities purpose statement
This church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of its people. This church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-members as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
Facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the church’s beliefs or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, this document, the church’s Statement of Faith and the CLEFC Church Bylaws (available upon request from the office manager). Nor may church facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed inconsistent with, the church’s beliefs or moral teachings.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its beliefs. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of the church’s beliefs and religious practices. (2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:22). Second, it is very important that the church present a consistent message to the community, and that the church staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s position use any church facility in any way that contradicts the church’s position. This policy applies to all church facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to the church’s sanctuary, because the church sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God (Colossians 3:17).
Facility Use Guidelines
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The Trustee Board, Elder Board, or Pastor must approve all uses of church facilities. Generally, priority shall be given to church members, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of the church. Church facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups, which meet the following qualifications:
- Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs, practices, and planned uses of the facilities are consistent with the church’s Facility Use Guidelines and Purpose Statement. Adherence to the following is also expected: the church’s Statement of Faith and the Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality.
- The group or person seeking facility use must submit a CLEFC Facility Use Guidelines and Request Form (see below) and sign a paper copy of it in the church office.
- The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by the church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff or representative.
Facility Use Hours
Facilities are available between the hours of 8am and 5pm; use outside these hours must be approved.
Facility use requests shall be made to the church office manager by submitting the CLEFC Facility Use Request Form (see below). The event will be reserved and placed on the church calendar only when properly approved (please do not announce or publicize requested event until after you receive confirmation from office manager stating approval).
Use of church facilities is subject to a use and maintenance fee of $30 to $100 per day based on planned usage to help pay for utilities and maintenance. Church members are not required to pay a fee for usage because maintenance of the facilities are derived from member tithes and offerings.
Facility Use Guidelines
- Alcohol Policy: No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
- Smoking Policy: No smoking is allowed in church facilities or on church property.
- Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
- Food and beverages are restricted to the Fireside Room.
- Church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless otherwise arranged, prior to the event.
- All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
- Clean-up after yourself.
- Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, smoking, and drug or alcohol use are strictly prohibited on church premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
CLEFC Facility Use Request Form
Please fill out completely. If you have any questions, please call the church office at 641.357.7581. Please note, if you are requesting use of the church’s facilities for a wedding and/or wedding reception, please list the names and contact information of the bride and groom below and refer to Clear Lake Evangelical Free Church’s Wedding Policy and Procedures (available from the office manager).
Once complete, you will need to sign page 4 of the Facility Use Guidelines and Request Form, which contains 7 affirmations we ask you to abide by. To download the document, click here. Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.
Please do not use this form for solicitation purposes. Thank you!